HKL-2000 License Policy for Commercial Users
Commercial users interested in obtaining the HKL-2000 license may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quotation and a commercial license agreement. Our standard license agreement is intended for those users, who do not provide data reduction services.
A license must be completed before the license key file: access key can be obtained.
A single license allows installing the software on up to 10 computers under the same operating system. The package is distributed in form of the compiled executables. The supported operating systems are listed at Hardware/OS page.
During the first year from the license activation, the license is extended to include the 'HKL-2000 Synchrotron License' at no additional cost.
The HKL-2000 Synchrotron License covers
- the use of the HKL-2000 software to reduce data collected at any synchrotron beam line provided that data format is recognized by the SOFTWARE. In particular, data from high performance detectors (the read-out time faster than 30 seconds), like ADSC Quantum-4, Quantum-210, Quantum-315, and MAR-CCD.
- the use of the HKL-2000 packages during the experiment at any synchrotron beam line, where the HKL-2000 SOFTWARE is installed.
Upgrads are provided free of charge for a period of one (1) year from the activation of the permanent license.
There is only one type of the HKL-2000 software maintenance contract, and it includes the 'HKL-2000 Synchrotron License'. Under the contract HKL Research provides the following services:
- Updating of the license keys (upon LICENSEE's request)
- Detector re-calibration (upon request, up to two a year)
- Documentation: one copy of the current HKL-2000 Manual
- Program upgrades for the registered in-house detector(s)/operating system(s)
- 3 support calls